Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started

Lifeline called yesterday afternoon to say that everything on our application looked great and that we should hear from a social worker in the next 3-5 business days.  I guess this means that we are approved?  If so, then WooHoo!  Let's "officially" get this party started!

I believe that the next step is to get our homestudy done pay the first agency fee which has part of the home study fee interspersed into it, and that will cost about $1500 $2916.67.  God has already started to provide for this through our own money being set aside and also through the sales of Applique towels and Christmas outfits from my side gig, Sister Sister.
$19 each or $35 for a pair of towels
(can be customized to your state and hometown)
$45 (you choose gift box, ornament or one letter)
THANK YOU to those friends who have made purchases!  THANK YOU for telling your friends about the towels and outfits and our blog! We still have $224 left in the Expansion account after paying the application fee of $250!  Of course, I'm a little scared and apprehensive about the upcoming $1500 $2916.67 fee...it's not like I have an extra thousand or so dollars lying around waiting to be used.  A few years ago that would have been a drop in the bucket for us, but that is definitely not the case today.  But I do trust that my God will provide every step of the way in this process.  I do trust that in His time He will provide for every single fee whether it is through the money we save up (and goodness knows I can squeeze a quarter out of dime!), generous friends and family giving of their financial resources (some have already pledged to do this!), anonymous givers who have a big heart for orphans, or through the fundraisers we will be doing (by the way, if you are good at organizing that kind of thing, please raise your hand).

One of the on-going fundraisers we have is from Just Love Coffee, and Chris and I definitely love us some good coffee!  I would dare say that I have become a bit of a coffee snob since January.  That's when I started drinking it black...yep, cold turkey cut out the sugar and cream (mm hmm, I loved cream in my coffee...the pure, fattening, good stuff...you know flavor comes from fat, right? And I'm all about flavor).  This company has an amazing heart for helping orphans.  Watch this vimeo to see what I'm talking about and then go check out our STOREFRONT on their website.  Click on the *Shop and Support* button and buy a bag (or three)!  We just bought a couple of bags of the whole bean Ethiopian Yirgacheffe.  Can't wait to grind it up, brew a pot, and sit outside on the front porch swing with my hubby and coffee in hand for one of our "Porch Dates"!  If you are not a coffee addict like we are, please pass the link along to your coffee-loving friends!  Just Love Coffee sends $5 to us for EACH bag sold!!  Isn't that awesome?!

Ok, so here's the vimeo.  

Just Love Coffee Roasters-Mission-Fast Load from Just Love Coffee Roasters on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment