Monday, December 31, 2012

Check Out That Thermometer >>>>>>>>>

In less than four short weeks, we are over WELL over half way to hitting our first goal of $2916.67!  WOOHOO!!  I constantly tell myself to only look at the financial commitment of international adoption ONE SMALL STEP AT A TIME.  In other words, just look at the piece of the elephant that is on our plate right now...not the next $2916 piece to come or the $14000 (or $19000 depending on how many children are in the sibling group) piece due when we see the "ultrasound" (accept our referral)!  **Just focus on what's in front of us right now and thank God for providing it.**  And if you happen to hear doubt and fear filled words coming out of my mouth at any point, please, feel free to remind me of what I have just said.
Y'all have heard that saying, right?  "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"


Chris and I have been putting money in the "Expansion account" every week, and people have been buying Mississippi towels and Cake Pops like cuh-raaazy and signing up for sewing and cake pop classes left and right and donating money out of the blue!  I really shouldn't be so surprised at how God is orchestrating all of this into His great plan for these children because this IS the Creator of the universe we're talking about here, and those sweet babies were knit together BY Him in their mother's womb (and subsequently our hearts). So seriously, what's $35-$40k for Him?  Yet I am absolutely overwhelmed!  I guess nearly every post I write for this blog will have some sort of repetitive "Thank You" in it for all those taking part in this journey with us, and I truly hope you won't get sick of reading those thank you's over and over and again.  Those two little words seem terribly inefficient in portraying the gratitude that permeates my heart for our family and friends who have stepped up in many different ways to this command written about in James..."take care of orphans and widows in their need"...

No comments:

Post a Comment