Monday, January 28, 2013

Cake Pop Partying

Today we have our first homestudy visit.  I'm really not concerned with the house being spotless.  In fact, there are a few dust bunnies that will probably chase our social worker down the hall as she enters our home! Our Christmas tree is still up and might just stay up until Valentine's day. I only hope to remember to check the commodes and make sure that they are flushed by the time she rings the doorbell.  But I'm sure she will approve of our quaint little historic neighborhood cottage and see that we are not psychopaths...a little weird, yes, but not psycho.

We've changed out the thermometer over there >>> to reflect the next chunk of change we will need to save/raise.  God has not slowed down in His provisions thus far! We recently had an anonymous gift of $1000 and also had friends who gave $500 for their "end of year" giving and other friends who donated above and beyond the purchase price of their Mississippi towels or Christmas and New Years Cake Pops that they had ordered.  These gifts along with our personal contributions the expansion account completed the remaining amount needed to be able to pay the first agency fee and get the home study started!

Speaking of Cake Pops, one way that we are fundraising is by Cake Pop Parties/Classes.  A couple of years ago I stopped by Starbucks and saw they had these cute little cake balls on a stick.  So of course, I ordered one (or maybe a few) and was instantly addicted.  Then I thought to myself, "Heck, I could make that little thing!"  And after much trial and error, I figured out how to make them and not only that, I figured out how to make them look as good as the ones I had eaten at the coffee place!  I was most impressed with my new found crafting skill as I am not crafty by nature.  I made them for friends and family and for different parties and events, and it wasn't long until people started asking me if they could buy some from me.  Because people knew that I taught sewing classes, several ladies began asking if I would teach classes on how to make Cake Pops.  This past Saturday afternoon was the very first Cake Pop Party/Class, and we had an absolute blast!  Here are some pictures of our class.

Rolling the balls and inserting pop sticks


Ready to head to the fridge to firm up


Look at all those pops lined up waiting to be dipped


This gal colored her cake purple and
decorated the pops Mardi Gras style


Dipping and tapping carefully


Some of them died, but this happens in every batch!

The finished product!!
The class raised $275 for the adoption fund!  Praise God!  And there is another class scheduled for this week, and two more scheduled for the beginning of February, and about 4 more ladies looking at their calendars to see when they can schedule one at their house or church.  If you are interested in hosting one, email me for more info.  Hosting is really simple, and the class fee is $35 per person.  It truly is such a fabulous way to have a girls' night out while helping us raise the red on that thermometer!  I can't wait to tell our children about all these fun ways God provided in the process of getting them here...to their forever home!
 

2 comments:

  1. We just read your blog post about the cake pop party and sales to raise money for your adoption. Your fundraising activity would be a great resource for a website that my husband and I are creating to assist other families with adoption fundraising. We’d like to include this story on the blog to help other families learn what you did and why you were successful. Would you be interested in being a guest blogger for our site and writing a small post for us to use? If this is something you would be interested in doing, please contact me at loriresmer at yahoo dot com.

    Thanks!!

    P.S. Please delete this comment after you have read it so that my email isn't viewable by everyone. : )

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete